Sunday, November 10, 2013

Exhibits, Bar, Park, & Halloween


So finally, here is photographic evidence of what I've been up to over the last few weeks in Madrid!
First, I went to an exhibit called data.path by Ryoji Ikeda
If you find yourself in Madrid before January, you should definitely go!



Then I went to a bar called El Tigre. Buy a beer and get tapas. Lots of restaurants are like that, especially in Andalusia. But they are harder to come by in Madrid. And take note that this is a picture when I was finished eating!! Needless to say, there are always a lot of international students at El Tigre.

 Every Wednesday I go to an Intercambio (language exchange) at Cafe Galdos off of Gran Via. It's a beautiful street, and sometimes reminds me of New York.
I also went to Matadero, another museum close to where I live to see the exhibit Cenotes by Magdalena  Atria




And I go to Retiro Park as often as possible. It's about a ten minute walk from where I live!
This is the Crystal Palace. Here I am with my friend Michelle, and two of her roommates.



 This is the church I've been going to in Malasana called San Anton. 
And lastly, for Halloween we put on a haunted house for the students! It was a lot of fun and something we wouldn't be able to do at a public school in the United States. 
This is me and Lia, the bilingual coordinator at my school.
And here I am with Justin, one of the other language assistants.
We made a few kids cry and one third grade class was too scared to even come in!

I will be adding another post soon with pictures from my trip last weekend to Amsterdam! 










No comments:

Post a Comment